Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

How to Update Pag-ibig Membership Status from Employed to Voluntary/Self-paying

I resigned from my employer in Makati, Metro Manila last September 2016 and my husband and I transferred to my hometown in Cagayan de Oro for us to be with my family during my pregnancy . I then opted to work from home because I think it is best for my condition.

Despite working home-based, I wanted to continue my monthly contributions to Pag-ibig Fund. I learned that for contributions, one can pay thru Bayad Center or SM Business Centers (including Savemore and Hyper Market). I opted to pay thru Bayad Center and headed to the nearest LBC branch in Divisoria, CDO since LBC is listed as a Bayad Center.

In the Bayad Center Transaction Form at LBC, you will be asked to provide the following information:
  • Account Name (Surname, Given name, Middle name)
  • Present Address
  • Contact Number
  • Biller (under Transaction Details; write Pag-ibig as the biller)
  • Date (under Transaction details)
  • ID Number (under For Government Transactions only; write your Pag-ibig MID number)
  • Payor type (SE - self employed, VM - voluntary member, OFW, Others; choose VM)
  • Applicable Month(s)
  • Contribution/Month
  • Signature over printed name

I was able to pay for my November and December contributions at Bayad Center and unintentionally skipped October for the reason that when I tried to pay for my October contribution last November 7, the system will only reflect the payment for the current month, which is November.

Since I have already paid two months contributions, I wanted to double check whether my payments have been received by Pag-ibig. To verify, I went to the Pag-ibig office located in Pag-ibig Fund Building, J.R. Borja-Montola Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, 9000, Misamis Oriental. Upon inquiry, I was informed that my payments were not yet on their system. I found out that Bayad Center payments are chartered to the main office in Metro Manila before they are disseminated to provincial offices. According to the Pag-ibig personnel, it takes a long time for payments to be reflected in local offices. She did not specify how long though. In that case, my status was not yet updated from employed to voluntary/self-paying member. For me to change it, I was asked to submit my Certificate of Employment from my previous employer and that actually did the job. I was also advised that for future monthly contribution payments, I have to make them directly at a Pag-ibig branch in Cagayan de Oro.

No comments:

Post a Comment